- What is Qbit PC Speedup Malware
- Threat Behavior of Qbit PC Speedup Malware
- Distribution Techniques
- Threat Summary
- Steps to Remove Qbit PC Speedup Malware from your PC
- STEP A: Uninstall the malicious program form theControl Panel
- Windows XP
- Windows 7/Vista
- Windows 8/10
- STEP B: Reset your Browser to default settings
- Mozilla Firefox
- Google Chrome
- Internet Explorer
- Tips to prevent your computer system from getting infected –
What is Qbit PC Speedup Malware
Qbit Pc Speedup is an advanced fraudulent & threatening registry cleansing tool. The irony is – it pretends that it can track malware, heighten the PC performance & repair various software associated concerns. When you run this devious application to diagnose Windows computer, it will shortlist many recognized problems & ask you to run a complete scan of the PC to retaliate the problems exposed in appearances.
Qbit PC Speedup originated in such a way that it seems reliable, presentable & drags users with its characteristics. But many users are not conscious of the fact that this tool relates to the maligned & notorious group of malware-PCVARK.
After the establishment of this PUA- Potentially unwanted application on your system, you may possibly encounter several disorders. The program will then run a comprehensive system scan to detect certain system injuries.
The alerting part is that the bulk of examined problems by Qbit PC Speedup PUP are all formed; they do not exist.
This wicked & artificial program enters the system bundled with other PUAs. Surprisingly, users do not receive any notification regarding the download & installation of adware & browser hijackers. This may lead to sudden advertising, browser modifying pursuits & redirecting users to virus-contaminated links or pages.
Threat Behavior of Qbit PC Speedup Malware
Qbit PC Speedup is a deceitful system optimization tool that has been figured out as a menace to computer systems recently.
The pernicious Qbit PC Speedup can be placed in user’s system via ill-disposed websites through promotions, advertisements, pop-up ads or by external programs like free applications & fake software updates.
It represents warnings on the presence of other notorious malware & intimates users to acquire the paid variant to fix obstacles.
Qbit PC Speedup Unwanted Application has been recognized as a reproduction of Auto PC cleaner, Power clean pro & Boostmypcpro. It has also been termed as useless & is fundamentally not important for the functioning of the System.
It will significantly slow down the performance of your computer system as it constructs its home in it. It modifies your system blueprints which instantly re-launches with every system reboot.
Users are likely to encounter Qbit Pc speedup scam while executing something major on their system.
The consequences – if you do not remove Qbit PC Speedup virus from your computer, is that it will bombard your computer screen with undesired notifications, make your system sluggish & destroy your surfing experience. However, no noble tool creeps in the user’s system without the user’s prior approval.
It is evident that spending on Qbit PC speedup hoax is the misuse of money, therefore, immediately removal of this fake optimization tool is strongly recommended. Though Standard elimination of malware may be a prolix attempt as it calls for advanced computer skills, the victims may refer to the Qbit PC Speedup removal guide given below:
The cybercriminals use various strategies for malware distribution which include –
- Software Bundling: Software bundling is the process in which a malicious program is distributed with other free software, to get an unnoticed entry into your computer system. When a user installs a free application, the malicious programs gains a front door entry with the free application, the user has downloaded. Thus, it is a good idea to keep an eye on the installation screens while installing these free applications.
- Infected Storage Devices: Your system can also get infected by using removable media such as USB hard drives and jump drives without scanning them with an anti-virus.
- Spam Emails – Spamming is the most economic and common method used for the distribution of such malware. The targeted users get genuine looking emails which contain .doc, .txt, and other similar attachments. These attachments can be named as anything which can grab the user’s attention and triggers him/her to open the attachment. As soon as the user opens this attachment, the malware infects the user’s computer system.
- Malicious Websites or Malevolent Advertisements: The malicious websites are the ones which are created just for promoting the malware infections. Such websites include but are not limited to porn sites, torrent sites and other free downloading platforms. By visiting such websites, the adware infects the user’s computer without permission. Fake advertisements and updates like Flash player and windows updates which ask the user to update to the latest version are a few examples. When the users click on such links, their computer system gets infected. That is why, it is highly recommended to resist clicking on such links. Also avoid clicking on advertisements offering free stuff such as Win an iPhones, cars or free overseas trips etc.
- Name: Qbit PC Speedup
- Browser affected: Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge
- Targeted Operating System: Windows
- Category: Adware/Malware
- Symptoms: Undesired pop-ups appear, slows down the PC Performance. Performs computer scans and displays warning notifications about the malicious issues detected & in return demands a payment to resolve the identified problem.
Choose reliable software tools & scan the complete system to find out the true cause of why it is imposing on your system.
Steps to Remove Qbit PC Speedup Malware from your PC
STEP A: Uninstall the malicious program form the Control Panel
- Click on the “Start” button on the bottom left corner of your screen. A Start menu will be displayed as shown below. From this menu select the option that reads “Control Panel”.
- In the window that will be displayed, click the option “Switch to classic view”.
- This will display all the options/icons available to you. From the displayed icons, click on the icon that reads “Add or Remove Programs”.
- Select the “Uninstall a program” option from the “Programs” category. A list will populate on the screen displaying all the programs.
- Select the programs related to Qbit PC Speedup and click on the Uninstall button.
- Right click on the “Start” button located at the lower left corner of the screen. From the Start menu, click on “Control Panel”.
- The “Control Panel” Window will be displayed on the screen. Click on “Uninstall a Program” option from the “Programs” category.
- The “Programs and Features” window will be displayed on the screen. A list will populate on the screen displaying all the programs.
- Scroll though the list of programs and select the programs related to Qbit PC Speedup and then click on the “Uninstall” button.
- Right click on the “Windows logo” on the lower left side of the computer screen. From the drop down menu, select and click on “Control Panel”.
- The “Control Panel” window will be displayed. From this window select “Uninstall a program” option form the “Programs” category.
- A list will populate on the screen displaying all the programs.
- Select the programs related to Qbit PC Speedup and click on the “Uninstall” button.
- In the confirmation box, click on the box that reads “OK” to save changes.
STEP B: Reset your Browser to default settings
- Open Mozilla Firefox and click on the three horizontal lines () which are at the top right corner of the computer screen.
- A Drop down menu will be displayed. On this menu click on the “Help” () button as shown in the image below. The Help menu will be displayed on the screen.) button as shown in the image below. The Help menu will be displayed on the screen.
- From this menu click the option that reads “Troubleshooting information“. A new tab will open up with the Troubleshooting information.
- On the Troubleshooting Information page, click on the button that reads “Refresh Firefox” as shown in the image below.
- The “Refresh Firefox” message box will pop up on the screen. On this message box click on the “Refresh Firefox” button.
- After this Firefox will close itself and a new window will be displayed which will list the information that is imported. Click on the option that reads “Finish” to complete the task.
- Open Google chrome and click on the three vertical dots ( ) which is at the top right corner of the computer screen. A drop down menu will appear on the screen. From this menu choose the option that reads “Settings”. ) which is at the top right corner of the computer screen. A drop down menu will appear on the screen. From this menu choose the option that reads “Settings”.
- The Chrome’s settings window will be displayed on the screen. On this screen scroll through the bottom of the page and click on the option that reads “Advanced option” as shown below.
- The Advanced setting options will be displayed on the screen. Scroll through the list of options till you find the “ Reset browser settings” section. Click on the icon as shown below.
- The reset dialogue box will pop up on the screen. From this dialogue box click on the button that reads “Reset”.
- Open Internet Explorer and click on the gear icon ( ) which is at the top right corner of the browser screen. A drop down menu will be displayed on the screen. From this drop down menu, click on the option that reads “Internet options”. ) which is at the top right corner of the browser screen. A drop down menu will be displayed on the screen. From this drop down menu, click on the option that reads “Internet options”.
- The “Internet options” dialogue box will be displayed. Click on the “Advanced” tab. In the Advanced tab click on the button that reads “Reset” as shown in the image below. The “Reset Internet Explorer Settings” section will be displayed on the screen. Now click on the button that reads “Reset” .Precautions: In this dialogue box make sure to uncheck the “Delete Personal settings” option to save your passwords and other important data.
- When it’s done, click on the button that reads “Close” to complete the task. Now close and reopen your browser.
Tips to prevent your computer system from getting infected –
- Keeping the Operating System Updated- In order to remain protected and avoid such infections, it is recommended to keep your Operating System updated by enabling the automatic update on your system. The systems with outdated or older versions of Operating System become an easy target for the attackers.
- Resist clicking on spam emails – One of the major techniques used for malware distribution is forwarding spam emails to the user. The system gets infected as soon as the user clicks on the attachment. These mails appear to be genuine, so be aware and resist falling for these tricks.
- Keep an eye on third party installations- It is quite important that you take due care while installing any third party applications for they are major source of such infections. Such malware programs come bundled with the free applications thereby requiring the user to remain cautious.
- Regular periodical backup- In order to keep your data and files safe, it is recommended to take regular back up of all your data and files either on an external drive or cloud.
- Use Anti-Virus Protection- We strongly recommend the use of antivirus protection/internet security in your PC like Vipre and Hitman Pro so that it remains safe.
- Enable the Ad Blocker/Popup Blocker in your browser- Enabling the popup blocker/ ad blocker in your chosen browser will help you to stay protected from annoying adware.