- GUIDE TO REMOVE OLPAIR.COM VIRUS
- What is olpair.com virus
- What is Kodi?
- Threat Behavior of Olpair.com virus
- Other Threats Posed By Olpair Virus
- Distribution Techniques – Olpair Virus
- Threat Summary
- Olpair.com Pop-up Virus Removal Guide
- STEP A: Remove the malicious program from Control Panel
- Windows XP
- Windows 7/Vista
- Windows 8/10
- STEP B: Show Hidden Files and Folders
- Windows 7
- Windows 8 and 10
- Step C: Remove OLPAIR VIRUS from System Configurations settings
- Windows 7
- Windows 10
- STEP D: Delete the suspicious file from the Registry Key
- Tips to prevent your computer system from getting infected –
GUIDE TO REMOVE OLPAIR.COM VIRUS
Are infuriating pop-ups, ads & banners becoming a part of your daily web browsing? Are these ads deteriorating your online experience? Has your system become excessively sluggish? Well, there are positives that your system has fallen a victim to the malicious Olpair Virus.
Dealing with hard-to-remove ads & constantly popping up ads is definitely not how you want to spend your time online. Therefore, Virus Removal Guidelines is here at your rescue. Refer to our detailed olpair.com removal guide given below to learn how to remove olpair.com Adware from your system.
What is olpair.com virus
Olpair.com or Openload.co Pair is a menacing video pairing service that authorizes network’s devices to access desired videos & provide them online streams. No wonder olpair.com pop-up ads not only bother PCs but smartphones, tablets & other gadgets too.
Since adware are sneaky, Olpair.com stealthily enters a user’s system with freeware, spam e-mails, corrupted links or sites. It enters as a suspicious browser extension or as notifications on popular browsers like Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer and Firefox.
Declared as pop-up virus by the researchers, Olpair.com asks Kodi users’ to pair their devices with the streaming host. The motive behind getting the devices paired is to generate online traffic for Openload & mint illicit money by displaying their promotional ads.
The trick was somewhat successful & olpair.com pop-up virus began to bring some coins, however, it made Openload greedy. Openload started injecting third-party ads to the vulnerable systems, which paved a way to exasperating & repetitive pop-ups, annoying browsing sessions for both Windows & Android users.
What is Kodi?
Kodi is Open-source media player software that gained popularity since its release in 2002. Users need a third-party source to stream its content through the app. One such popular source among the users is https://olpair.com. Users can stream up to 4 hours after validating their IP address on the website.
The only reason behind providing this online streaming is to monetize through ads & pop-ups displaying on the pairing page.
Threat Behavior of Olpair.com virus
Olpair virus invades a user’s PC stealthily when he accidentally visits Olpair.com website, resulting in the download of a legion of other Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP) without user’s consent. The malign Olpair.com virus marches into the system either as a browser extension or as notifications in the browser. Internet users should know that this unscrupulous virus comes bundled with audio players, archives & utilities through special downloader or web-clients.
Following the infiltration of the system or gadget, the virus hijacks default home-page; new tab & search engine and replaces them with Olpair.com. The new page will redirects the searches to suspicious coupon web-pages & display malicious ads & messages with luring offers like “Free Risk-Free Scanning”, “Browser Search Update”, “Your MacBook is getting slow”, “Best Diets”, “Your friend is online” or “Please Install new 77.33.42 Upgrade”.
The adverts may seem interesting as they offer precisely what you are in search of, however, such ads are the consequences of adware infection. It further indicates that Olpair Virus analyzes your online preferences & bombards the screen with related ads while it makes the browser sluggish, collects sensitive information & tracks your online activities.
Other Threats Posed By Olpair Virus
- You may observe certain changes in your system that you might not have approved.
- The Browser displays different & repetitive notifications & messages as pop-ups.
- Exasperating ads, banners, hyperlinks, offers, auto-play videos, deals will fill the browser.
- Web-browsing sessions may turn into an endless ad-broadcasting experience.
- A mere click on the pop-ups might lead to the installation of other dangerous software.
- The virus triggers the opening of new tabs containing alluring commercial offers.
- The virus reappears irrespective of your strenuous efforts to restore the default settings.
- It is capable of reinstalling itself multiple times if its core files are not deleted properly.
This devious application could make you spend hours trying to get rid of its pop-ups & sponsored adverts from your screen. It is important to know that in order to nullify any potential damage that may have been caused by this Browser Hijacker; the obtrusive program needs to be uninstalled immediately.
Refer our detailed adware removal guide to uninstall Olpair Virus from your system.
Distribution Techniques – Olpair Virus
The cybercriminals use various strategies for malware distribution which include –
- Software Bundling: Software bundling is the process in which a malicious program is distributed with other free software, to get an unnoticed entry into your computer system. When a user installs a free application, the malicious programs gain a front door entry with the free application, the user has downloaded. Thus, it is a good idea to keep an eye on the installation screens while installing these free applications.
- Infected Storage Devices: Your system can also get infected by using removable media such as USB hard drives and jump drives without scanning them with an anti-virus.
- Spam Emails – Spamming is the most economical and common method used for the distribution of such malware. The targeted users get genuine-looking emails which contain .doc, .txt, and other similar attachments. These attachments can be named as anything which can grab the user’s attention and triggers him/her to open the attachment. As soon as the user opens this attachment, the malware infects the user’s computer system.
- Malicious Websites or Malevolent Advertisements: The malicious websites are the ones which are created just for promoting the malware infections. Such websites include but are not limited to porn sites, torrent sites and other free downloading platforms. By visiting such websites, the adware infects the user’s computer without permission. Fake advertisements and updates like Flash player and windows updates which ask the user to update to the latest version are a few examples. When the users click on such links, their computer system gets infected. That is why, it is highly recommended to resist clicking on such links. Also avoid clicking on advertisements offering free stuff such as Win an iPhones, cars or free overseas trips etc.
Targeted Operating System: Windows
Category: Virus, Browser Hijacker, Adware
Symptoms: Alters default browser settings & redirects the searches to https://olpair.com. All the web searches are navigated to pages filled with commercial adverts & enticing pop-ups as per user’s preference and deteriorate the usual web-browsing experience. The system suffers frequent crashes.
Olpair.com Pop-up Virus Removal Guide
STEP A: Remove the malicious program from Control Panel
- Click on the “Start” button on the bottom left corner of your screen. A Start menu will be displayed as shown below. From this menu select the option that reads “Control Panel”.
- In the window that will be displayed, click the option “Switch to classic view”.
- This will display all the options/icons available to you. From the displayed icons, click on the icon that reads “Add or Remove Programs”.
- Select the “Uninstall a program” option from the “Programs” category. A list will populate on the screen displaying all the programs.
- Select the programs related to Olpair Virus and click on the Uninstall button.
- Right click on the “Start” button located at the lower left corner of the screen. From the Start menu, click on “Control Panel”.
- The “Control Panel” Window will be displayed on the screen. Click on “Uninstall a Program” option from the “Programs” category.
- The “Programs and Features” window will be displayed on the screen. A list will populate on the screen displaying all the programs.
- Scroll though the list of programs and select the programs related to Olpair Virus and then click on the “Uninstall” button.
- Right click on the “Windows logo” on the lower left side of the computer screen. From the drop down menu, select and click on “Control Panel”.
- The “Control Panel” window will be displayed. From this window select “Uninstall a program” option form the “Programs” category.
- A list will populate on the screen displaying all the programs.
- Select the programs related to Olpair Virus and click on the “Uninstall” button.
- In the confirmation box, click on the box that reads “OK” to save changes.
STEP B: Show Hidden Files and Folders
- Left click on the Organize button on the Windows Explorer. A drop-down menu will appear.
- On this menu left click on the option that reads “Folder and search options” as shown above. A folder options dialogue box will appear.
- On the View tab under the Advanced settings, Check the option that reads “Show hidden files, folders, and drives” and uncheck the option that reads “Hide protected operating system files“.
- Click on the “OK” button to save your changes. This will make all the hidden files and folders visible to you.
Windows 8 and 10
- On the file explorer toolbar, click on the View
- In the Show/hide section, Click on the “Hidden items” checkbox.
- Click on the options button.
- Under folder options, click on the “View” tab.
- Uncheck the “Hide protected operating system files” option.
- Click the “OK” button to save your changes.
Step C: Remove OLPAIR VIRUS from System Configurations settings
- Type “Msconfig” in search box / Run Box, select it and press Enter.
- Click on “Services” Tab and click on “Hide all Microsoft services”.
- Select Olpair Virus from the list of remaining services and disable it by removing the tick mark from the checkbox and click on Apply button.
- Click on the next tab – “Startup”.
- Find any blank or suspicious entry or the entry with Olpair Virus mentioned and remove the check mark.
- Click on Apply button and then click on OK.
- Click on the next tab – “Startup”.
- Take the mouse cursor to ‘Open task Manager‘ link and click on it. This opens the Task Manager window.
- Find any blank or suspicious entry or the entry with Olpair Virus mentioned and click on it.
- Then click on Disable button.
STEP D: Delete the suspicious file from the Registry Key
- Type “Regedit” in search box / Run Box, select it and press Enter.
- An authorization dialog box will appear, then you just have to click “Yes”. (The dialog box appearance may vary depending on OS used. For Windows 10 the the dialog box looks like the first screenshot and for windows 7 it appears like the second screenshot)
- In the registry editor, take the backup of the current registry settings before making any changes in case you want to revert to old settings later. For this, Click on File option in the menu and select Export. Save the entry at a known location.
- From the Menu, Click Edit and Select Find.
- Enter Olpair Virus and click Ok in the search box.
- Select and delete suspicious entries.
Tips to prevent your computer system from getting infected –
- Keeping the Operating System Updated- In order to remain protected and avoid such infections, it is recommended to keep your Operating System updated by enabling the automatic update on your system. The systems with outdated or older versions of Operating System become an easy target for the attackers.
- Resist clicking on spam emails – One of the major techniques used for malware distribution is forwarding spam emails to the user. The system gets infected as soon as the user clicks on the attachment. These emails appear to be genuine, so be aware and resist falling for these tricks.
- Keep an eye on third-party installations- It is quite important that you take due care while installing any third party applications for they are the major source of such infections. Such malware programs come bundled with the free applications thereby requiring the user to remain cautious.
- Regular periodical backup- In order to keep your data and files safe, it is recommended to take regular back up of all your data and files either on an external drive or cloud.
- Use Anti-Virus Protection- We strongly recommend the use of antivirus protection/internet security in your PC like Avira and Vipre so that it remains safe.
- Enable the Ad Blocker/Popup Blocker in your browser- Enabling the popup blocker/ ad blocker in your chosen browser will help you to stay protected from annoying adware.