What is Skype Virus?
The Skype virus is highly dangerous and has complete access to your Skype software and can modify its settings without letting you know about the modifications.
Apart from forwarding phishing and spam links, this virus may provide remote access to the hackers to collect your internet surfing activity data by recording your visited URL’s, web browser version, recording your keystrokes, IP addresses, Internet service provider, cookie information and other sensitive data. Such leakage of information may lead to stealing of confidential data and other major security issues.
This Skype virus is normally installed on a system by way of shareware, free applications and codecs. The users who prefer downloading free applications from the web are at a higher risk. Normally, the users run through the installation process without paying attention to what they have agreed to and allow this virus to get in the computer system. This is why it is crucial for the user to read and pay attention to all the steps of installation to save the system from getting infected.
Effective steps for Skype virus removal
The best way to save a system from getting infected is to use the best antivirus software and internet security software. If in case your system’s security gets compromised then it is time for you to restore your system back to safety mode. Here is a step by step guide to remove this virus from your computer system manually –
Uninstall the suspicious program from the system
The user can get rid of any potentially unwanted program or system infections by uninstalling it from the computer system. Before doing it make sure to close Skype messenger, any other applications and all other internet browsers. You can do so simply by pressing the CTRL+ALT+DEL keys to open the windows task manager and click on the process tab. You can find such infection by looking for a suspicious behaviour pattern like a process or program with an unfamiliar name or a particular program which takes a lot of memory. Once you find the Skype virus, click on “End task” or “End process” option.
Uninstalling the Program from Windows 10, 8.1 or 8
- Click on windows button which is at the lower left corner of the computer screen.
- Find Control panel from the start menu and then click on it.
- From the newly appeared window select “Programs and features
- Now, click on Uninstall a program.
Windows 7 or Vista
- Click on “start” menu from the left side of the windows screen.
- Select “Control Panel” from the “start” menu.
- Now, select “Uninstall a program” under the “Programs” icon
- Simply click on the start button on the left hand side of the computer screen
- Click on the“control panel” in the start menu
- Now, find and click on add or remove a program
- Select the undesirable program and click on “Remove/ change” button.